Kybella at Boston Body Evolution, Chestnut Hill MA
Nonsurgical resolution of double chin – Kybella available in Chestnut HillIn the past, most people hid their double chins under turtlenecks, scarves, or beards. Liposuction was the only treatment available. Today, patients in the Chestnut Hill area have a nonsurgical option – Kybella at Boston Body Evolution.
A new approach to submental fullnessThe clinical name for double chin is “submental fullness.” This extra volume can be the result of weight gain, age, or genetics. It does not respond readily to diet and exercise. While double chin is not a health threat, it has been an underserved aesthetic concern. A 2015 study from the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery revealed that 67 percent of respondents were bothered by submental fullness. FDA-approved Kybella treatment is a series of injections of deoxycholic acid. This substance occurs naturally, assisting the body in breaking down and absorbing fat. The Kybella compound is derived from non-human/non-animal sources, so there is little risk of allergic reaction. Injections of Kybella destroy submental fat cells.
Benefits of Kybella
- Widely suitable – Most individuals in good health are candidates for Kybella.
- Well tolerated – Patients usually describe minimal discomfort, which lessens with each treatment. Ask the doctor about topical anesthetic or lidocaine, if you are concerned about discomfort.
- Brief – A typical session takes about 20 minutes.
- No downtime – You may return to work or other activities right after your appointment.
- Minimal side effects – Some patients experience slight redness, bruising, swelling, hardness, or tenderness at the injection site, but it resolves quickly.
- Effective! – Results are apparent, usually within two to three treatments. The neck becomes contoured and a defined chin emerges.
- Lasting results – The adult body does not produce new fat cells. Once submental fullness is treated with Kybella, fat is gone for good.
Boston Body EvolutionRating : 5
"Dr. Nguyen was phenomenal. He has an excellent bedside manner, great hands and he explains everything to me in regular language. I also like the fact that he's Harvard trained so I know that he is an expert."